Shared Hosting Solutions Unmasked
A shared hosting solution implies keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a shared hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to build a web portal, email aliases, or to share files with chums and associates.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular web hosts, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud shared hosting". This is an entirely distorted interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting environment would apportion the workload between autonomous sets of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various shared hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a huge quantity of pictures with chums or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your e-mail aliases. Some corporations provide shared hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to create an email address with your domain but do not desire to possess a website, then the email shared hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many video files as you wish without worrying about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Copies.pro - Professional Hosting and eMail Services you can take a look at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free web hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific web content only.